How to boot Legacy OS using easy2boot?

Using applications, configuring, problems
zpimp

How to boot Legacy OS using easy2boot?

#1 Post by zpimp »

hello there everyone
hope i posted in the right place, i have a problem with legacy os wich i really want to try
i have a flash drive with easy2boot wich allows me to boot iso's with grub4dos without extracting files
wary puppy 5.5 and other puppies work, but legacy os 2.1 says puppy cant find files on idecd bootmedia
found some links on here,
tried giving parameters by hand pmedia=usfbflash/usbhd pfix=ram,usbcard
i also edited boot config and rebuit iso
is anyone is familiar with booting prcess of puppy version o wich legacy os 2.1 is based on as i understand
any suggestions are welcome
mikeslr

usb boot of legacy

#2 Post by mikeslr »

I don't know anything about easy2boot. So I don't know if the inclusions in your boot parameter of "/usbhd" and ",usbcard" make any sense.

If you formatted your USB-key as Linux Ext4, Legacy wouldn't be able to read anything on it.

No other ideas. Sorry.

Edit: On second thought, perhaps knowing the arguments which work under Grub4Dos might help you. See here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 817#767020

If not, please provide your entire boot arguments. Perhaps knowing how Easy2boot handles other Pups would help use figure out why the arguments for Legacy don't work.

Alternatively, perhaps you should consider using Grub4dos instead. With very few exceptions, my experience has been that the simple install of Grub4dos generated a menu.lst properly identifying the boot arguments required by Puppies, Windows, and almost all Linux Distros. One exception was Manjaro. I'm uncertain about Legacy, so see above.

mikesLr
rmprep

Re: legacy os usb with easy2boot

#3 Post by rmprep »

zpimp wrote:hello there everyone
hope i posted in the right place, i have a problem with legacy os wich i really want to try
i have a flash drive with easy2boot wich allows me to boot iso's with grub4dos without extracting files
wary puppy 5.5 and other puppies work, but legacy os 2.1 says puppy cant find files on idecd bootmedia
found some links on here,
tried giving parameters by hand pmedia=usfbflash/usbhd pfix=ram,usbcard
i also edited boot config and rebuit iso
is anyone is familiar with booting prcess of puppy version o wich legacy os 2.1 is based on as i understand
any suggestions are welcome
http://www.easy2boot.com/add-payload-fi ... oad-files/

Special instructions for Legacy 2.1
Visit [url]http://www.rmprepusb.com[/url] for over 100 USB boot tutorials!
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

Zpimp, it's not clear to me where you're trying to boot the LegacyOS file from. Is the iso on a CD?