Falkon 3 browser - based on webengine, KDE browser

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
oui

Falkon 3 browser - based on webengine, KDE browser

#1 Post by oui »

Hi

did install friendly through ppm in Bionicpup32 (but big installation 260 Mb! there are 200 Mb more as for the actual installation, also through ppm, from GNOME web alias epiphany browser) and seems to work, esp. in youtube (video and sound; do not work in gnome web)!

download page of the Falkon site (ppm doesn't need it!)

kind regards

a view on the falkon window incl. main menu (on top right of the window)
Attachments
falkon.jpg
(160.58 KiB) Downloaded 409 times

oui

falkon3 in bionicpup64

#2 Post by oui »

I did try tomorrow the same thing in the 64 bit pup. ppm did not work at all so friendly.

I did start in autoinstall mode. ppm did announce a need of room of under 190 Mb, did start a short time and stay.

I did change the mode and the step-by-step installation did continuie instead of the automatic.

the ppm windows are desesperately to small to see something.

I did change the depository as proposed from ubuntu-archive to ubuntu

the installation did continue.

I suppose there were error messages not being interpretable because of those little dialog windows...

but at the end, I use now a operable version of falkon 3 and use it to write this message.

oui

executions time etc.

#3 Post by oui »

executions time:

I often read a French news paper (le figaro) having a very long and complex page with sounds, self starting videos etc.

Seamonkey is a lot slower on this page as Falkon3 seems to be (old versions of Seamonkey brake on the actual page!)

youtube videos seems to go (video and sound)

it seems to be possible to bind and use dictionaries (because QTwebengine; it was one reason for changing from webkit) after remastering from hunspell using a routine.

[ experience in 64 bit version ]

oui

ad blocker problem

#4 Post by oui »

it is possible, that especially on those pages the better timing only comes from the build in add blocker! but it is so, one newspaper permit add blocker until a certain limit but the next one (German Der Spiegel) does not permit it at all (but has less pay articles as Le Figaro. This would say, you need 2 different browser settings to read the maximal content of free news paper articles on the web...

oui

lxqt

#5 Post by oui »

I suppose that the installation of LXQT only a bit more memory requires after the installation from that browser...

disciple

#6 Post by disciple »

Hi guys,

> KDE browser

Actually, the real kde dependencies are supposed to only be optional.
I do have kio installed, and I have a vague idea I installed it because something in Falkon wasn't working properly without it, but I can't remember what. Are you guys running with or without kio?
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER