COVID19 multiple strains, dual infections

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
greengeek

COVID19 multiple strains, dual infections

#1 Post by greengeek »

A study in Iceland suggests that there are multiple strains (and/or mutations) of COVID19 that have now been specifically sequenced and identified and some of these strains appear to identify in which country the patient caught the infection.

Also suggests that two or more strains can affect a patient concurrently.

One positive takeaway from this article is that the strains are likely to become less dangerous over time.

(Apparently they will become more contagious but less virulent)

I know some of you reject info from "Natural News" but the studies and comments linked in this article are surely worth a read to help us understand the epidemiology of this bug.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-03-27- ... tions.html

If you can't stomach Natural News there is also an NY Post article:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/iceland-s ... port-says/

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

This is normal for this type of virus.

Same for the normal flu.
They have to figure out, which strain to deal with, each year, and hope they guessed the correct one, to use for the Flu shot.
Sometimes they get it right and some years they get it wrong.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

Hi greengeek.

I had to "remark" the naturalnews.com line in my Puppy hosts file to get to the article.

In any case, I read the one from the NY Post.

It's possible that there are multiple strains.

I always thought there was something the microbiologists were missing or not getting
about this new bug. I hope this study gives them a lead so they can better control it.
Fast, too...

Regards.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

tallboy

#4 Post by tallboy »

There are thousands of mutations already. But a mutation is defined by change in one of the coronavirus' ~18.000 gene markers, and doesn't necessary mean anything. The one hitting USA first, is named the Seattle version, and is different from the chinese version. Only by a few markers, but that is enough for the experts to tell the difference. They mostly act the same.

Be careful, guys. Wear protective gloves if possible, wash your hands, and do not touch your face when you are outside. Keep a good distance to people, here they say 1 meter, but 2 meters if you are sitting in a workplace, or in the same place for a length of time. We have noone to loose.
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.