Installing packages on a computer without internet access?

Booting, installing, newbie
marcelocripe

Installing packages on a computer without internet access?

#1 Post by marcelocripe »

How to install the packages on Puppy Linux on a computer or notebook without internet access?

Hello dear colleagues.

I am starting with Puppy Linux, I have some doubts that I did not find explanations or answers in this forum.

I bring my need and I hope I can count on the support of colleagues.

I managed to install Ubuntu Bionic x86 32-bit BionicPup32 8.0, now I need to install other application programs on computers or notebooks that do not have internet access, that is, I need to install packages offline.

Due to the large number of programs that are already installed on Ubuntu Bionic x86 32-bit BionicPup32 8.0 you will not need to install many programs, perhaps drives that Puppy Linux cannot automatically install and other programs.

After installing Ubuntu Bionic x86 32-bit BionicPup32 8.0 or other version, I will need to install it in the following sequence (for first-time users): Portuguese Portuguese translation package or Brazilian Portuguese translation package, Internet browsers with HTML 5 support (Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera or whatever is the best option for Pupy Linux) and video game games emulator.

As well as, for advanced users, application programs): Portuguese translation package or Portuguese package or Brazilian Portuguese translation package, internet browsers with HTML 5 support (Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera or any other best option for Pupy Linux), video game games emulator, audio editor, video editor, audio or video extractor to mp3, audio or video format converter / compactor, MS-Windows game emulator to run on Linux, computer games, etc.

In the link: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=93419, inform external link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/us7s723k8de5k ... 140425.pet) to download the package langpack_pt_BR-20140425.pet, it has only 252.14 KB, it is not the complete package, it is just a download manager, I need complete packages and if necessary their dependencies.

In the link: https://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/, are the packages complete and with their respective dependencies?

On the computer with internet access, I used the program "Puppy Package Manager and Universal Installer", "Install applications" tab, option "Puppy Package Manager", checked the option "Repositories: ubuntu-bionic-main", checked the option "package types: EXE ", in the search I typed: language, selected the package: language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712, selected the option" Download all (packages and dependencies) "and clicked" Do it! ".

Two files were downloaded:
language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.dep and language-pack-en-base_18.04 + 20180712_all.dep

In this forum, what I found of information about installing programs, mentions the installation of packages with the extension ".PET" (Puppy's Extra Treats), how do I install the packages
language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.dep and language-pack-en-base_18.04 + 20180712_all.dep?

The entire installation must take place without access to the internet, afterwards the user may or may not have access to the internet, depending on the economic reality of each user. Creating remastered versions of Puppy Linux is not the best option for me, considering that I will be able to transport the downloaded packages on a DVD, CD or USB stick and install on each computer or notebook even if they do not have internet access.

I thank anyone who can help me.

Thank you very much.

marcelo cripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translation into English by Google Translate.

---------------------

Como instalar os pacotes no Puppy Linux em computador ou notebook sem acesso a internet?

Olá caro colegas.

Estou iniciando com o Puppy Linux, possuo algumas dúvidas que não encontrei explicações ou respostas neste fórum.

Trago a minha necessidade e espero poder contar com o apoio dos colegas.

Eu consegui instalar o Ubuntu Bionic x86 32-bit BionicPup32 8.0, agora preciso instalar outros programas aplicativos em computadores ou notebook que não possuem acesso a internet, ou seja, preciso fazer instalações de pacotes offline.

Devido a grande quantidade de programas que já vem instalados no Ubuntu Bionic x86 32-bit BionicPup32 8.0 não será preciso instalar muitos programas, talvez drives que o Puppy Linux não conseguir instalar automaticamente e outros programas.

Após a instalação do Ubuntu Bionic x86 32-bit BionicPup32 8.0 ou outra versão, precisarei fazer a instalação na sequência a seguir (para usuários iniciantes): pacote de tradução para português de Portugal ou pacote de tradução para português do Brasil, navegadores de internet com suporte ao HTML 5 (Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera ou outro que seja a melhor opção para o Pupy Linux) e emulador de jogos de vídeo game.

Bem como, para os usuários avançados os programas aplicativos): pacote de tradução para português ou pacote de Portugal ou pacote de tradução para português do Brasil, navegadores de internet com suporte ao HTML 5 (Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera ou outro que seja a melhor opção para o Pupy Linux), emulador de jogos de vídeo game, editor de áudio, editor de vídeo, extrator de áudio ou vídeo para mp3, conversor/compactador de formato áudio ou vídeo, emulador de jogos do MS-Windows para executar no Linux, jogos para computador e etc.

No link: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=93419, informa link externo (https://www.dropbox.com/s/us7s723k8de5k ... 140425.pet) para baixar o pacote langpack_pt_BR-20140425.pet, possui apenas 252,14 KB, não é o pacote completo, trata-se apenas de um gerenciador de download, eu preciso de pacotes completos e se necessário as suas dependências.

No link: https://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/, os pacotes estão completos e com as suas respectivas dependências?

No computador com acesso a internet, usei o programa "Puppy Package Manager and Universal Installer", aba "Install applications", opção "Puppy Package Manager", marquei a opção "Repositories: ubuntu-bionic-main", marquei a opção "package types: EXE", na busca digitei: language, selecionei o pacote: language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712, selecionei a opção "Download all (packages and dependencies)" e cliquei em "Do it!".

Foi feito o download de dois arquivos:
language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.dep e language-pack-pt-base_18.04+20180712_all.dep

Neste fórum, o que encontrei de informação sobre instalação de programas, menciona a instalação de pacotes com a extensão ".PET" (Puppy's Extra Treats), como faço a instalação dos pacotes
language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.dep e language-pack-pt-base_18.04+20180712_all.dep?

Toda a instalação deverá ocorrer sem aceso a internet, posteriormente o usuário poderá ter acesso ou não a internet, dependendo da realidade econômica de cada usuário. Criar versões remasterizadas do Puppy Linux não é a melhor opção para mim, haja vista que poderei transportar os pacotes baixados em uma mídia de DVD, CD ou pendrive e instalar em cada computador ou notebook mesmo que não possuam acesso a internet.

Desde já agradeço a quem puder me ajudar.

Muito obrigado.

marcelo cripe

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

For the computer that has internet connection.
In Puppy Package Manager(PPM)
On main PPM window.
Click on the configure icon.
Choose the options tab.
Check Do not delete downloaded packages after instillation.
You will now find a copy of the programs package in /root

Copy the package to a USB drive.

Take that USB drive to another computer.
In Rox file manager navigate to contents of USB drive.
Left click on the programs package and it will install.

Dependency packages, should also work, if they downloaded as a pet or deb package.

Pet packages you download from this forum.
Select save in the browser download window.
Select the USB drive as place to download to.
Click on the pet package to install it.

Example:
I installed CPU checker using PPM
It saved the deb package for CPU checker.
It also needed msr tools.
It saved deb package for msr tools.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
(47.38 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

marcelocripe

#3 Post by marcelocripe »

Hello bigpup, how are you?

Thank you for responding.

I had made attempts to install the language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.dep and language-pack-en-base_18.04 + 20180712_all.dep packages, before your explanations, so I tried to uninstall the packages that didn't work before to do the installation according to your guidelines, still on the computer with internet access, I used the program "Puppy Package Manager and Universal Installer", tab "Install applications", clicked on the option "Uninstall", selected one of the packages from the list, " Auto remove "and" Remove package ".

I repeated the same uninstallation process for each package, except for a package called "language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.deb.extracted", when clicking on "Remove package", it displays the message

"Cannot uninstall: language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.deb.extracted
Sorry, but these other installed package that you want to uninstall: language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.deb.extracted
Aborting uninstalloperation. "

Only allowing to confirm with "Ok", followed by the message "Failed", in the "View details" file displays the information:

"Package succesfully uninstalled:

Package that did not uninstall propely or the user aborted their removal:
language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.deb.extracted

Installed pack that my not be needed after the removal of the above: "(text ends here)

I tried to redo the process by selecting "Set by step remove (classic mode)" and clicked "Remove package", displays the message "Do you want to uninstall packgage language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.deb.extracted", I confirm by clicking in "Yes", then displays the message:

"Cannot uninstall: language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.deb.extracted
Sorry, but these other installed package that you want to uninstall: language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.deb.extracted
Aborting uninstalloperation. "

The "View details" file displays the same information as before.

Even restarting Puppy Linux (Ubuntu Bionic x86 32-bit BionicPup32 8.0) the package "language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.deb.extracted" does not uninstall and continues on Puppy Linux, it is probably hindering the installation of the Portuguese language pack .

How do I uninstall a program or dependency that "Puppy Package Manager and Universal Installer" cannot uninstall?

I tried again to install the Portuguese translation package, following your instructions, after installation, the two files of the download were not deleted and I managed to find them in the root folder
language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.dep and language-pack-en-base_18.04 + 20180712_all.dep, have not been deleted, according to your guidance and my need to install on other computers without internet access.

On the computer without internet access, should I click with the left mouse button to install which of the two packages first?

Is there a sequence that must be followed?

Which should be installed first?

Install language-pack-en_18.04 + 20180712_all.dep first and then language-pack-en-base_18.04 + 20180712_all.dep?

Or should the reverse be done?

The Firefox 75.0 browser I downloaded from the mozilla website at the link: https://www.mozilla.org/pt-BR/firefox/a ... op-release, I unzipped the file "firefox-75.0.tar.bz2 "and left click on the executable (firefox) and it worked. It would be all easier if all the programs for Linux worked in this way, everything that is necessary for the program to work is in the same package, similar to what happens with portable programs for MS Windows. For organization purposes, where is the most suitable directory that I should keep the firefox folder on Puppy Linux?

I managed to include the firefox icon in the "Applications" / "Internet" menu, I just couldn't include it in the main menu at the top of the desktop, how do I do that?

Thank you.

marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translation by Google Translate

----------------------

Olá bigpup, tudo bem?

Agradeço por responder.

Eu havia feito tentativas de instalar os pacotes language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.dep e language-pack-pt-base_18.04+20180712_all.dep, antes das suas explicações, então, tentei desinstalar os pacotes que não funcionaram, antes de fazer a instalação conforme as suas orientações, ainda no computador com acesso a internet, usei o programa "Puppy Package Manager and Universal Installer", aba "Install applications", cliquei na opção "Uninstall", selecionei um dos pacotes da lista, "Auto remove" e "Remove package".

Eu repeti o mesmo processo de desinstalação em cada pacote, exceto em um pacote chamado "language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.deb.extracted", ao clicar em "Remove package", exibe a mensagem

"Cannot uninstall: language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.deb.extracted
Sorry, but these other installed package that you want to uninstall: language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.deb.extracted
Aborting uninstalloperation."

Permitindo apenas confirmar com o "Ok", seguido da mensagem "Failed", no arquivo "View details" exibe a informação:

"Package succesfully uninstalled:

Package that did not uninstall propely or the user aborted their removal:
language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.deb.extracted

Installed pack that my not be needed after the removal of the above:" (o texto termina aqui)

Tentei refazer o processo selecionando "Set by step remove (classic mode)" e cliquei em "Remove package", exibe a mensagem "Do you want to uninstall packgage language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.deb.extracted", confirmo clicando em "Yes", em seguida exibe a mensagem:

"Cannot uninstall: language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.deb.extracted
Sorry, but these other installed package that you want to uninstall: language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.deb.extracted
Aborting uninstalloperation."

No arquivo "View details" exibe a mesma informação anterior.

Mesmo reiniciando o Puppy Linux (Ubuntu Bionic x86 32-bit BionicPup32 8.0) o pacote "language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.deb.extracted" não desinstala e continua no Puppy Linux, provavelmente esteja atrapalhando a instalação do pacote de idioma Português.

Como faço para desinstalar programa ou dependência que o "Puppy Package Manager and Universal Installer" não consegue desinstalar?

Eu tentei novamente fazer a instalação do pacote de tradução para português, seguindo as suas orientações, após a instalação, os dois aquivos do download não foram apagados e eu consegui encontrá-los na pasta root
language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.dep e language-pack-pt-base_18.04+20180712_all.dep, não foram apagados, conforme a sua orientação e a minha necessidade que é instalar em outros computadores sem acesso a internet.

No computador sem acesso a internet eu devo clicar com o botão esquerdo do mouse para instalar primeiro qual dos dois pacotes?

Existe uma sequência que deve ser seguida?

Qual deve ser instalado primeiro?

Instalar primeiro language-pack-pt_18.04+20180712_all.dep e depois o language-pack-pt-base_18.04+20180712_all.dep?

Ou deve ser feito o inverso?

O navegador Firefox 75.0 eu baixei do site da mozilla no link : https://www.mozilla.org/pt-BR/firefox/a ... op-release, eu descompactei o arquivo "firefox-75.0.tar.bz2" e cliquei com o botão esquerdo do mouse sobre o executável (firefox) e funcionou. Seria tudo mais fácil se todos os programas para Linux funcionassem desta forma, tudo que é necessário para o programa funcionar está em um mesmo pacote, semelhante ao que ocorre com os programas portáteis para MS Windows. Para efeito de organização, onde é o diretório mais adequado que devo manter a pasta do firefox no Puppy Linux?

Eu consegui incluir o ícone do firefox no menu "Applications" / "Internet", eu só não consegui incluir no menu principal que fica no topo do desktop, como faço isso?

Muito obrigado.

marcelocripe

Texto original em português do brasil, tradução por Google Tradutor

bigpup

#4 Post by bigpup »

You really need to make new topics.
A specific topic for each one of your questions.
One topic one question.

The Universal Installer has nothing to do with installing software. It is only for installing a Puppy Linux version.

About the uninstall errors in Puppy Package Manager(PPM)
The deb package has to provide a file, that tells the PPM->Uninstall, what files it installed and where it put them.
There is probably something wrong with that information file.

Pfind program can do searches for files and tell you where they are.
But I am not sure what exact files you would search for.

About installing language files.
I never use them,
Someone with some knowledge of installing and using them, will have to answer those questions.
YaPI(any iso installer)

bigpup

#5 Post by bigpup »

where is the most suitable directory that I should keep the firefox folder on Puppy Linux?
Usually it goes in /opt directory.
YaPI(any iso installer)