zigbert-- puppy from one teenage girls perspective?

Promote Puppy !
learnhow2code

zigbert-- puppy from one teenage girls perspective?

#1 Post by learnhow2code »

ive read a lot of the old posts in this subforum, and i just noticed one from zigbert claiming that "this pc is co-operated by a 5-year-old pink princess."

who knows if she is still pink (or still a princess) but now that its 10 years later, perhaps she could write about her experience with puppy?

doesnt have to be as long as one of my posts (though im sure it would be fun to read if it were) and doesnt have to take priority over schoolwork, would like to know if she ever got curious about gparted though.

she could write it and you could just paste it in,** unless she already posts here. cheers!

** even if you do under your own account, none of us are going to mistake you for a 15-year-old girl.

mcewanw

#2 Post by mcewanw »

Hi learnhow2code,

I'm presuming your question is actually to Zigbert's daughter rather than to Zigbert himself and that it is truly a question and not a demand? I'm saying this because I have two daughters myself, both of whom have used Puppy many times since childhood and, neither as teenagers or young adults, would they be interested to write any such thing if they were left feeling they were expected or 'had to' to do such a task (in fact, they would then definitely say 'No!' :-) I can't imagine, Zigbert, a Norwegian, would be able to force such a matter on his 15 year old daughter either!

Or do you think Zigbert is from a different planet?! ;-)

William
github mcewanw

learnhow2code

#3 Post by learnhow2code »

mcewanw wrote:I'm presuming your question is actually to Zigbert's daughter rather than to Zigbert himself and that it is truly a question and not a demand?
where is a demand even implied? this is a suggestion with the word "perhaps" and a question mark:
i wrote:perhaps she could write about her experience with puppy?
after that, there were a few suggestions about how it could be simpler (i thought this would clarify that this wasnt an "essay" thing) but where you took it to was interesting.
mcewanw wrote:I have two daughters myself, both of whom have used Puppy many times since childhood and, neither as teenagers or young adults, would they be interested to write any such thing if they were left feeling they were expected or 'had to' to do such a task
is "perhaps" a different word over there?
mcewanw wrote:Or do you think Zigbert is from a different planet?!
i figure zigbert is from the same planet i am. though i really wasnt going to make an issue of that.

no demands here, though it is perfectly reasonable to ask zigbert rather than ask his daughter directly-- i dont know "zigberts" real name, i only know this person exists because of something he posted, and i thought:

"it would be interesting to know about the perspective of someone who used puppy as a small child."

that was after all, the point he made 10 years ago. and i figured, if i said something to the effect of: "it would be interesting" then zigbert might say to his daughter:

"hey, do you remember puppy?" or even:

"hey, do you think youd be interested in writing a quick post about puppy?"

though since he knows her and i dont, i figured he might know the wording that was most effective. i simply thought id put the idea out there-- thats not a demand-- and zigbert can do whatever he wants to with it, including nothing.

i also thought he might respond with "well she has a mac and doesnt thing anything of puppy, sadly"-- not because theres any reason thats likely, just that its possible. at which point (if i follow your question correctly) i would then reply: "well youll just have to have another 5 year old daughter and get it right this time!"

...because once you start making demands, it gets kind of addictive?

learnhow2code

#4 Post by learnhow2code »

bumping this since zigbert is online.

mcewanw

#5 Post by mcewanw »

Oh don't worry about it learnhow2code - you are making more of my comment than I intended. Leave the rest of the discussion between zigbert, his daughter and yourself please. Thanks.

William
github mcewanw

learnhow2code

#6 Post by learnhow2code »

mcewanw wrote:Oh don't worry about it learnhow2code - you are making more of my comment than I intended.
thats a relief!
Leave the rest of the discussion between zigbert, his daughter and yourself please.
to be honest, i thought it was a long shot and still do. but it shouldnt hurt anything to ask :)

zigbert

#7 Post by zigbert »

Message forwarded
...answer is out of my hands... :D

learnhow2code

#8 Post by learnhow2code »

zigbert wrote:Message forwarded
...answer is out of my hands... :D
thank you. :)