How to make an ISO from a DVD or CD? Solved Thanks.

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
number77

How to make an ISO from a DVD or CD? Solved Thanks.

#1 Post by number77 »

Hello
Can anyone advise a program to take an ISO from a bootable DVD or cd. I am using xenialpup64 on a laptop with no optical drive. I also need a program to create a usb boot from the ISO, having had limited success with unetbootin.
Thanks
number77
Last edited by number77 on Fri 05 Apr 2019, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

What operating system are you going to be running to do all of this in?
program to take an ISO from a bootable DVD or cd.
Is there something on the CD/DVD, that you want in the iso, that is not in a normal Puppy version iso you could just download?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

oui

Re: How to make an ISO from a DVD or CD

#3 Post by oui »

number77 wrote:Hello
Can anyone advise a program to take an ISO from a bootable DVD or cd. I am using xenialpup64 on a laptop with no optical drive. I also need a program to create a usb boot from the ISO, having had limited success with unetbootin.
Thanks
number77
you probably will rebuild the initial ISO of your stuff (an other Puppy or somewhat else?) and install it bootable on an USB as you can't read the present CD (*1 ?

do you need really the iso or is that procedere only for you a way to install you bootable software, bootable means probably a kind of operations system eventually a main or exclusive application?

(*1 my laptop is powerful but old and the CD/DVD reader/writer doesn't really work any more. I did find this month a cheap repair method in a discounter shop business (present in divers countries in west Europe) named "action": USB CD reader from MaxXter for only 14,50 Euro incl. 2 connections cables! So I can now read plastic memories again without some expensive repair of the internal reader (but I can't burn, ok!)

number77

#4 Post by number77 »

I am running xenialpup64 7.5 and need an ISO of win7 and win10. I have the discs but no optical drive on laptop. I need to boot from usb.
I need windows for my Transit M-Audio optical in usb audio out that only works in windows and later laptops do not run xp or at least drivers are no longer available. Hence win7 or win10 bloatware.
But still need to make an ISO.

number77

Re: How to make an ISO from a DVD or CD

#5 Post by number77 »

oui wrote:
number77 wrote:Hello
Thanks
number77
(*1 my laptop is powerful but old and the CD/DVD reader/writer doesn't really work any more. I did find this month a cheap repair method in a discounter shop business (present in divers countries in west Europe) named "action": USB CD reader from MaxXter for only 14,50 Euro incl. 2 connections cables! So I can now read plastic memories again without some expensive repair of the internal reader (but I can't burn, ok!)
I may have to get a cd/dvd reader but as usual I am overspent.

jafadmin

#6 Post by jafadmin »

As I recall, ISO's of windows install disks won't boot and run right, anyway. IIRC, it dies trying to find the needed cab files.

Also, as I recall, MS did have a utility to create a bootable USB flash install disk. This would probably your best bet.

Try this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... lash-drive

number77

#7 Post by number77 »

Thanks jafadmin
That did the trick, good site.
Thanks to all for the help.
All the best.
number77