Yahoo! Customer Data Security Breach Litigation Settlement

For discussions about security.
perdido

Yahoo! Customer Data Security Breach Litigation Settlement

#1 Post by perdido »

May be of interest if you have or had a yahoo account and yahoo notified you of the data breach in 2016 or 2017. I got one.

https://yahoodatabreachsettlement.com/

Just looking at this it looks there may be two years credit monitoring available or monetary compensation.

6. How do I know if I am part of the Settlement?

Answer:

You are a Settlement Class Member, and you are affected by this Settlement, if you are a resident of the United States or Israel, and if:

• You had a Yahoo account between January 1, 2012, and December 31, 2016; or
• You were sent a notice concerning the Data Breaches announced in 2016 and/or 2017.

Yahoo accounts include traditional Yahoo email accounts, as well as accounts on other sites that were owned or operated by Yahoo during the relevant time period, including Yahoo Fantasy Sports, Yahoo Finance, Tumblr, and Flickr.

However, the following entities and individuals are not Settlement Class Members:

• The Defendants, any entity in which the Defendants have a controlling interest, and the Defendants’ officers, directors, legal representatives, successors, subsidiaries, and assigns;
• Any judge, justice, or judicial officer presiding over this matter and the members of their immediate families and judicial staff; and
• Any individual who timely and validly opts-out from the Settlement Class.

If you received an email Notice of this Settlement, you have been identified by the Settlement Administrator as a Settlement Class Member.

If you are still not sure whether you are a Settlement Class Member, you may go to the Contact page of this Settlement Website or call the Settlement Administrator toll free number at 844-702-2788, to see if you are a Settlement Class Member.

perdido

#2 Post by perdido »

belham2

#3 Post by belham2 »

Hey Perdido, you sign up yet for the monitoring?

I got monitoring going all over (haha) the place, from Equifax etc. Might as well through Yahoo-offered monitoring into it. What do ya wanna bet, though, that all this montoring going on, they still won't catch any fraudulant transaction and/or misuse of our identities?

I've become utterly disenchanted with the whole "monitoring" thing.

One thing that has made me uncomfortable is the amount of info these administrators of settlement are asking for. They are asking for the exact same info that Yahoo entirely lost, plus more (like Photo ID identification).

Just another player on top of other players holding our data that we gotta worry about.

Next up is our deep-fake selves.....heaven help those who've been their entire lives online via photos, social sites, etc, etc.

Will make all this current stuff pale by comparison, imho.