HOW MANY? (SOLVED)

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
pp4mnklinux

HOW MANY? (SOLVED)

#1 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everybody:

I know this could be a "silly question" but can any of you try to tell me how many users (more or less) are using puppy linux as his main O.S.?

I visited distrowach, I take a look at the registered users at this forum... but can u answer me?

Thanky

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/member ... tart=26910

26938 ;) Registered users
Attachments
image-4.jpg
(32.47 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0

mikeslr

#2 Post by mikeslr »

" you try to tell me how many users (more or less) are using puppy linux as his main O.S.?"

At least one. Distrowatch counts hits, many of which may be robotic. :evil: The rest may be figments of my imagination. :? The same is true of the numbers reported at the bottom of this Forum's Index page.

So, the only certainty is that I use Puppy as my main O.S. But then, I may be a figment of your imagination. :lol:

Whether or not I am real, IMHO Puppies provide the best OS: a balanced blend of security, efficiency and user-friendliness.

As my Mother used to say --assuming she wasn't a figment of someone's imagination-- "If everyone jumped off a cliff, would you follow them?" :wink:

peebee

#3 Post by peebee »

The question is unanswerable I'm afraid!

**** wonder why the rest of this post was deleted and by whom?? It only gave helpful advice about making sure that url's were formatted correctly ****
Last edited by peebee on Tue 31 Dec 2019, 07:05, edited 2 times in total.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

Mike Walsh

#4 Post by Mike Walsh »

peebee wrote:The question is unanswerable I'm afraid!
Mm. I tend to agree with Peter.

MyCrudSoft are able to get a reasonably accurate count of users of their systems, mainly because there is such a tight, close tie-in between using Windows, and the need to 'register' Windows (in some form or another) in order to continue doing so.

On this side of 'the fence', the situation is very different. People use what they want, when they want, along with (frequently) many other OSs, too. Downloading is free. Usage is down to the individual. Nobody insists that you have to register the fact that you use any given OS.

Many Linux users run distros for years without ever joining any forum, or other organisation.....because simply 'lurking', and reading, forum content, is free - and there is no requirement to 'advertise' your prescence.

So....yup. There is no real answer you can give, unfortunately.

Mike. :wink: