https://www.mediafire.com/folder/x4v77bi1p58ox/
(118.13 KiB) Downloaded 800 times

jrb

#62 Post by jrb »

futwerk wrote:some new backgrounds.
Wow! Far out man. How did you know I'm an old Hippie.? :D

futwerk

#63 Post by futwerk »

i didn't know, but i am glad you like them. 8)

jrb

2nd update (3rd ISO)

#64 Post by jrb »

I've just uploaded the 2nd updates (3rd ISO's) containing all the fixes to date:

april-7.0.1C-uefi.iso md5sum 50ecc0c791b796a6816493bcab4fde72
april64-7.0.1C-uefi.iso md5sum 73e8e6bfa88423df329c5c769ab64253

Here are deltas (much smaller downloads) if you just want to upgrade the 2nd ISO. If you only have the 1st ISO upgrade it to the 2nd ISO with the .deltas in the 3rd post on page 1:
Place the original ISO and the .delta in the same directory and click on the .delta
april-7.0.1B-uefi.iso___april-7.0.1C-uefi.iso.delta md5sum e577ec25051d005ba6eef28dea8bd8c6
april64-7.0.1B-uefi.iso___april64-7.0.1C-uefi.iso.delta md5sum e72bdfa4a0c106634d3bf504aabea00c

I think its pretty solid (where's the fingers crossed icon?), will give it a week and get rid of the RC designation. Will now be focusing on making some additional packages, Taking requests but no guarantees. :roll:

watchdog

#65 Post by watchdog »

Thanks Jrb! I'm enjoing your work. Good puppies!

watchdog

#66 Post by watchdog »

Only one little bug probably depending on my particular usage. I have installed sfs_load and I use to load Libreoffice.sfs. I have to load it at every boot in both A32 and A64 because at every boot /etc/rc.d/BOOTCONFIG is resetted and EXTRASFSLIST is blanked. I have solved putting a script in /root/Startup:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
sfs_load -c +LibreOffice-6.0.6_64_it_xz.sfs
In my situation I have a frugal install in ext4 partition.

jrb

Re: 2nd update (3rd ISO)

#67 Post by jrb »

jrb wrote:I think its pretty solid
:cry: Well that lasted about 3 hours.
Gtklp and Peasyprint aren't working for me, just spits out reams of paper with gobbledygook at the top. It may be because of my minimal cups install, only the cups-1.7.5.pet. Has anybody got them working? I tried the earlier gtklp for wary5 but same story.

jrb

#68 Post by jrb »

watchdog wrote:Only one little bug probably depending on my particular usage. I have installed sfs_load and I use to load Libreoffice.sfs. I have to load it at every boot in both A32 and A64 because at every boot /etc/rc.d/BOOTCONFIG is resetted and EXTRASFSLIST is blanked. I have solved putting a script in /root/Startup:

#!/bin/sh
I'll check that out. I use a system like yours to load all my extra sfs's. I was going to post it once the base system is bug free.

watchdog

#69 Post by watchdog »

jrb wrote: Gtklp and Peasyprint aren't working for me, just spits out reams of paper with gobbledygook at the top. It may be because of my minimal cups install, only the cups-1.7.5.pet. Has anybody got them working? I tried the earlier gtklp for wary5 but same story.
They work for me in A64.

jrb

#70 Post by jrb »

watchdog wrote:
jrb wrote: Gtklp and Peasyprint aren't working for me, just spits out reams of paper with gobbledygook at the top. It may be because of my minimal cups install, only the cups-1.7.5.pet. Has anybody got them working? I tried the earlier gtklp for wary5 but same story.
They work for me in A64.
Good, thanks. I'll do a full cups install and see if that fixes it.

BTW: its not just /etc/rc.d/BOOTCONFIG that isn't saving. I don't think anything is saving after the initial save. Haven't looked too deep yet. Won't be able to get on it until tonight.

Thanks again, J

jrb

#71 Post by jrb »

watchdog wrote:Only one little bug probably depending on my particular usage. I have installed sfs_load and I use to load Libreoffice.sfs. I have to load it at every boot in both A32 and A64 because at every boot /etc/rc.d/BOOTCONFIG is resetted and EXTRASFSLIST is blanked. I have solved putting a script in /root/Startup:

#!/bin/sh
:oops: Another foolish error on my part has resulted in pmedia=ataflash and perhaps other pmedia settings not saving after the initial creation of a save file/folder. I am attaching a temporary fix until the next updated ISO. You will have to reboot to get it to take affect.
Attachments
save_fix-0.4.pet
Q7 not saving after 1st save.
(586 Bytes) Downloaded 214 times

quirkian2new

#72 Post by quirkian2new »

@jrb,

I have a suggestion but dont know if workable. As most of us frequently need to capture a screen when surfing, it would be much convinient to add an icon in a "very easily accessible place". I've download the xscreenshot utility(that one within the xannotate ) but dont know how to do that. xscreenshot utility is only 16k size.

Thanks
Attachments
capture3134722.jpg
(65.57 KiB) Downloaded 487 times

jrb

#73 Post by jrb »

quirkian2new wrote:@jrb,

I have a suggestion but dont know if workable. As most of us frequently need to capture a screen when surfing, it would be much convinient to add an icon in a "very easily accessible place". I've download the xscreenshot utility(that one within the xannotate ) but dont know how to do that. xscreenshot utility is only 16k size.

Thanks
Excellent idea Quirk. Will be in all my Puppies from now on. Updates for A32, A64 and Precise-light will be posted sometime today.

I used MtPaint-Snapshot because its already in all Puppies and I like it.

Thanks for the idea, J
Attachments
mtpt-snapsht2.jpg
(41.69 KiB) Downloaded 451 times

jrb

Update #4

#74 Post by jrb »

I've just uploaded the 3rd updates (4th ISO's) containing all the fixes to date:

april-7.0.1D-uefi.iso md5sum 9377fb31deecf5562a1f68ff73a33abe
april64-7.0.1D-uefi.iso md5sum 26c3ad65791f9c16583e3afe65f6e2d3

Here are deltas (much smaller downloads) if you just want to upgrade the 3rd ISO. If you only have the 1st ISO upgrade it to the 3rd ISO with the .deltas in the 3rd post on page 1:
Place the original ISO and the .delta in the same directory and click on the .delta
april-7.0.1C-uefi.iso___april-7.0.1D-uefi.iso.delta md5sum 527489aedf9a13130368f7d340d2563b
april64-7.0.1C-uefi.iso___april64-7.0.1D-uefi.iso.delta md5sum 45d6ea1aa067196aa94f8583cf489141

Fixes:
  • Saves properly now
    MtPaint-Snapshot screen capture now has icon in jwm tray

watchdog

#75 Post by watchdog »

april-7.0.1D 32 bit: /usr/bin/dir2pet malfunctioning. I copied it from tahr. Print menu of evince broken again. I copied /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/printbackends/libprintbackend-cups.so from tahr.

jrb

Quick testing

#76 Post by jrb »

watchdog wrote:april-7.0.1D 32 bit: /usr/bin/dir2pet malfunctioning. I copied it from tahr. Print menu of evince broken again. I copied /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/printbackends/libprintbackend-cups.so from tahr.
Wow, are you ever observant! 8)

I reverted back to dir2pet from Racy because I like the GUI. I find if the folder is named correctly and contents are good it goes directly to the GUI. If not, hit Enter 5 times and it will go to the GUI and create the .pet. If you prefer the more modern dir2pet I'm glad you were able to copy it from Tahr.

I booted with no SaveFile and yes the Evince print menu only showed "Print to file". However, after I installed my printer (I have an .sfs for that) the menu showed my printer as well. I quickly checked and libprintbackend-cups.so is there in the ISO. Did you have a printer installed when you checked?

Thanks for testing, J

watchdog

Re: Quick testing

#77 Post by watchdog »

jrb wrote: I booted with no SaveFile and yes the Evince print menu only showed "Print to file". However, after I installed my printer (I have an .sfs for that) the menu showed my printer as well. I quickly checked and libprintbackend-cups.so is there in the ISO. Did you have a printer installed when you checked?
Yes, I had. There was an error in console about libprintbackend-cups.so when opening print menu.

jrb

#78 Post by jrb »

watchdog wrote:
jrb wrote: I booted with no SaveFile and yes the Evince print menu only showed "Print to file". However, after I installed my printer (I have an .sfs for that) the menu showed my printer as well. I quickly checked and libprintbackend-cups.so is there in the ISO. Did you have a printer installed when you checked?
Yes, I had. There was an error in console about libprintbackend-cups.so when opening print menu.
I get these error messages:

# evince ./z1.pdf

(evince:26855): EggSMClient-WARNING **: Desktop file '/usr/share/applications/evince.desktop' has malformed Icon key 'evince.png'(should not include extension)
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.

** (evince:26855): WARNING **: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Avahi was not provided by any .service files

** (evince:26855): WARNING **: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Avahi was not provided by any .service files
but the file prints OK.

enrique

#79 Post by enrique »

As always i come by to watch your updates.
I guess i can suggest some ideas.
jrb wrote:... /applications/evince.desktop' has malformed Icon key 'evince.png'(should not include extension)...
It seems it does not like "png"
Try "icon=evince" if that icon truly exist.
jrb wrote:...** (evince:26855): WARNING **: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Avahi was not provided by any .service files...
It is asking you to add Avahi package
see
https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Avahi/
http://avahi.org/

If you do not need it, or just what to save that memory space, what I do is to place a fake config some where in /usr/share/dbus-1.
jrb wrote:...GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications....
I think this one have to do with missing gvfs backends.

jrb

#80 Post by jrb »

enrique wrote:As always i come by to watch your updates.
I guess i can suggest some ideas.
jrb wrote:... /applications/evince.desktop' has malformed Icon key 'evince.png'(should not include extension)...
It seems it does not like "png"
Try "icon=evince" if that icon truly exist.
jrb wrote:...** (evince:26855): WARNING **: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Avahi was not provided by any .service files...
It is asking you to add Avahi package
see
https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Avahi/
http://avahi.org/

If you do not need it, or just what to save that memory space, what I do is to place a fake config some where in /usr/share/dbus-1.
jrb wrote:...GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications....
I think this one have to do with missing gvfs backends.
8) Gracias Enrique. I never knew what avahi was until now, thanks wikipedia. Its not in the Q7 repos but I'll have a look at the Tahr package and see if I can use your suggestion. Now to figure out gvfs.