OxygenOffice presentation keeps crashing

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
paule

OxygenOffice presentation keeps crashing

#1 Post by paule »

I have tried OxygenOffice 2.4 and 3.01 on my (Turbo) Pup 4.21 machine and everything seems to work fine except when I try to go into slide show mode in presentation. Oxygen Office immediately crashes and goes into document recovery mode. I can edit/create presentations fine, and I would like to use Oxygen Office as it has more backgrounds to chose from, but not being able to show the presentations in slide show mode, is a deal breaker. OpenOffice 3 works just fine on the same machine and puppy full install. Anyone else run into this, and is there a fix?

cheers, Paul

mikeb

#2 Post by mikeb »

Hmm no sure...maybe try Go Office which is what oxygen office is built on.
Impress uses shed loads of ram...check that you are not running out.

Have you run it from a terminal to see if there are any error messages?

mike

wpaule

#3 Post by wpaule »

mikeb wrote:Hmm no sure...maybe try Go Office which is what oxygen office is built on.
Impress uses shed loads of ram...check that you are not running out.

Have you run it from a terminal to see if there are any error messages?

mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Running soffice in a terminal results in these error messages:

sorry for the screen shot, but I don't know how to capture the text itself.

I'm not sure what to do to get around these errors.

cheers, Paul
Attachments
soffice error.png
(9.93 KiB) Downloaded 523 times

mikeb

#4 Post by mikeb »

Hmm does that dbus error occur at the time it crashes?...I don't think dbus is running by default but could be wrong and may not be related .
As you have no java I wonder if it might help to turn it off in the OO settings although I can run slideshows without dbus or java.

mike

ps highlight the text and paste with middle click from the terminal
Last edited by mikeb on Fri 04 Dec 2009, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.

paule

#5 Post by paule »

Hi Mike,

I have installed java, so no longer get the java error, but the other error occurs when oxygen office crashes.

cheers, Paul

sikpuppy

#6 Post by sikpuppy »

paule wrote:Hi Mike,

I have installed java, so no longer get the java error, but the other error occurs when oxygen office crashes.

cheers, Paul
type

Code: Select all

dbus-uuidgen --ensure
and the dbus error will go away....
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.

paule

#7 Post by paule »

sikpuppy wrote:

cheers, Paul
type

dbus-uuidgen --ensure
Tried that and got this error.

cheers, Paul
Attachments
dbus error.png
(6.87 KiB) Downloaded 548 times

sikpuppy

#8 Post by sikpuppy »

paule wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:

cheers, Paul
type

dbus-uuidgen --ensure
Tried that and got this error.

cheers, Paul
ENSURE not UNsure !!!
Copy it, then hit both mouse buttons (or use the wheel to click if you have one) to paste into terminal :P
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.

paule

#9 Post by paule »

thanks for the spelling check... bleeping old eyes...

Having done as you suggest, I now get this error:

# /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2: undefined symbol: dbus_watch_get_unix_fd

cheers, Paul

sikpuppy

#10 Post by sikpuppy »

paule wrote:thanks for the spelling check... bleeping old eyes...

Having done as you suggest, I now get this error:

# /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2: undefined symbol: dbus_watch_get_unix_fd

cheers, Paul
To be honest, quite WHY dbus is needed at all is a mystery to me, but perhaps it is too hard to turn off when compiling Oxygen Office.

Anyhow, here's a PET of dbus-glib, a matching dbus PET as well, I hope it fixes the errors.

(The DEV pets shouldn't be needed, but if they are I have put them there too.)
Attachments
dbus_DEV-1.2.16-i486.pet
(183.94 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
dbus-glib_DEV-0.80-i486.pet
(59.84 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
dbus-glib-0.80-i486.pet
(92.1 KiB) Downloaded 450 times

paule

#11 Post by paule »

Sikpuppy,

You are a WONDERFUL person!!! Oxygen office now no longer crashes in presentation slide show mode. I do get the following errors when I run it from a terminal but they do not seem to be of any operational significance.

# soffice
#
** (soffice:18621): WARNING **: Inhibit method failed

** (soffice:18621): WARNING **: Inhibit problem : The name org.gnome.ScreenSaver was not provided by any .service files

** (soffice:18621): WARNING **: UnInhibit method failed

** (soffice:18621): WARNING **: Inhibit problem : The name org.gnome.ScreenSaver was not provided by any .service files

#

Anything I should be concerned about here?

Thanks again, very very much!

cheers, Paul

sikpuppy

#12 Post by sikpuppy »

paule wrote: Anything I should be concerned about here?

Thanks again, very very much!

cheers, Paul
I doubt it. Probably some function call to control the screensaver on Gnome (so it doesn't start halfway through a presentation)...which it can't find since you are not using Gnome :P I'd ignore it.

mikeb

#13 Post by mikeb »

Nice one...for information purposes the retro puppies need the 0.71 version of libdbus-glib :roll: ...this library is also needed by the latest firefox....just incase anyone is getting the same problem but using a retro version.

Just curious does 4.21 have this lib as standard or was it added and if so from where

mike

sikpuppy

#14 Post by sikpuppy »

mikeb wrote:Nice one...for information purposes the retro puppies need the 0.71 version of libdbus-glib :roll: ...this library is also needed by the latest firefox....just incase anyone is getting the same problem but using a retro version.

Just curious does 4.21 have this lib as standard or was it added and if so from where

mike
No official (read stable and BK or WhoDo) Puppy has Dbus AFAIK.