~SOLVED~ trouble getting Opera to work

Booting, installing, newbie
Lady_Artemis

~SOLVED~ trouble getting Opera to work

#1 Post by Lady_Artemis »

9Hi again,

I have just installed Opera 9.23 w/flash from the pet package manager, and found that it comes up as installed in the package manager, and also shows in the menu, but, no matter what i try, it just will not open when i click on 'browse'.

I just tried opening Opera via the rxvt terminal and got this:

ERROR: Id.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored

ERROR: Id.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored

Thing that strikes me as odd, is that once i get this message, Opera then loads, but will not load any other way.

I can still use Sea Monkey, but, would like to be able to use Opera as well, i am sure it is likely i have done something wrong, or likely something i have not yet done.

Any and all help will be much appreciated,

Thanks again,

Lady_Artemis
Last edited by Lady_Artemis on Tue 08 Dec 2009, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.

fernan

#2 Post by fernan »

Does Opera have a menu entry? Does it work?

The message you read seems to be not critical.

Have you edited the "Browse" button? It usually opens "default web browser" file, that you should edit and change it to execute Opera instead or Seamonkey.

Lady_Artemis

#3 Post by Lady_Artemis »

fernan wrote:Does Opera have a menu entry? Does it work?

The message you read seems to be not critical.

Have you edited the "Browse" button? It usually opens "default web browser" file, that you should edit and change it to execute Opera instead or Seamonkey.
Thanks for your reply fernan,

Opera has an menu entry but wasn't working at the time i originally posted, even after editting the default web browser file, however, somehow it IS working today.

Not a clue as to why it suddenly starting working today, because all i did was change the default web browser file last night, and had no luck.

All i have done today, is boot the computer up and it worked....beats me, but hey, i won't complain if it wants to work....it sure as hell beats using Windows!