events, sort of a story

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
efiguy

events, sort of a story

#1 Post by efiguy »

- I had some health issues in 2004 and made Stepdaughter benificiary of my university staff insurance.

- Going through (street address removed) after my friends (name removed) death, for I was willed property and while cleaning it up - revealed a large store of of his pharmaciticals (with his 1970's super payall insurance - doctors multiplied at a "power of 2" each visit), I destroyed what I found at Lawyer's (name withheld) concurrence, always wondering what else was hidden there that was missed.

- Not long after Stepdaughter and and Betrothed had moved into (street address removed) Wife and - I joined them for a grilled luncheon, where, I had a portabello they prepared especially for me. Later we left, I became violently ill and could not drive from "v" and stomach cramps. Love mushroons, never had any problem before.
- I never ate there again.

- In April 2011 Wife and I were at a fleamarket, where I saw a Out house Nut Chopper tool. (She likes gadgets and bakes regularly, scaring me with her knife chopping cookie and oatmeal nuts.

- About a week later Stepdaughter noticed it at table, while we were out, later told wife she had went and bought a new one. - She doesn't like nuts in cookies or any desert like ice cream.

- Recently, Wife took Stepdaughter to (name withheld) health center, where they gave her 100 tablets and prescription for anti-depression drug.

- A few days later I was once again sick, this time more stummbaly around and mentally "not with-it"

- After Wife's brother's heart operation, I moved Wifes's departure up from November to July 18th. (We had decided to move where her family was located. She had placed a resume and cover letter about a week before that unexpected operation, and I had told her if they want you, give notice and leave now, so it was a no brainer.)

- Stepdaughter's first words when I told her, "What will you eat"

- Stepdaughter and hubby were here at my home about 6 hours on 16th

- Today, the 17th, Wife had 2 helpings of cereal with milk (almost new, in date) about 11 o'clock. This afternoon, she has been sicker at her somach than i've ever seen before. Most of the time she doesn't eat cereal, but she found a product leader of her favorite "Quisp" a couple of days ago. I've had little to eat today and am feeling "A1", but I do eat milk and cereals.

- A nut chopper is a tool that will break tablets

Should one be concerned?

My wife (driver my stepdaughter) left early msg (travelling somewhere south of Atlanta 20th) that her cell was nearly discharged, apparently the charger failed or was left at previous motel.
She is naturally frugal, I can not reach them, wanted her to buy another at truck stop refueling, called destination to let them know of problem.

Thank you all,

we have little money, but property worth 300-400 k
Last edited by efiguy on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

p310don

#2 Post by p310don »

Should one be concerned?
Sounds like one already is...

Things sound amiss in the story as you tell it. I would probably feel concerned too if those events had happened to me. The telling factor would be how much the insurance is worth, and how dollar motivated your step daughter is. Money can make people do funny things.

Take care, and I hope it is all just bad coincidences, for your sake efiguy.

Paul

russoodle

#3 Post by russoodle »

I concur with p310don, efiguy....sounds quite disturbing, as you recount the events.

One thing i would probably do, if i were in your position, is to revoke the bequest to your stepdaughter and keep a very close eye on events. Have you discussed your concerns with your wife, or are you worried about upsetting her?

It's a difficult situation. If you're in a position to keep any food/drink that you think might be suspect, perhaps there's some resource where you could have it tested, or someone you know with connections that may be able to help confirm or rebut your suspicions....i hope so.
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

Sylvander

#4 Post by Sylvander »

Go discuss your concerns with your local police.

And keep a written record of any odd and possibly related events. [This thread might fulfill that function]
And tell someone trusted and suitable and not too close to the action about the record and where to find it in the event of your death.
[The police?]

I've seen programs on TV about FBI investigations, where:
A murderer will lead up to the final act by first making their prey seem to be in bad health.
The victim goes to the doctor to report their sufferings...
The doctor cannot find the cause...
There is now a record of bad health.

Finally when the victim dies, no-one is surprised...
They all assume some natural cause.

The police may recognize a pattern, and know what to do.

Dewbie

#5 Post by Dewbie »

I would also contact a blood-testing lab.
There must be some way to get blood/urine tested for toxins.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#6 Post by Lobster »

If you are concerned go to the police with the cereal.

You may be getting old and paranoid.
However if you make a statement/talk it over with the police
it may be helpful.
Be prepared to be thought an old fool

You must protect your wife and yourself and that should be your concern
Apology is easier than tragedy. Have you discussed it with your wife?

My aunt died yesterday. Natural causes, peacefully in her sleep.
Still distressing.

I am glad you let us know - PM me
or preferably someone more sane and less flippant
if you feel it would be helpful to talk it through . . . :)

My thoughts are with you.
Last edited by Lobster on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

8-bit

#7 Post by 8-bit »

Maybe not go to the police as every Cop show I have seen seems to place the husband as the prime suspect.
Then again, for you and your wife's well being, I think I would have what was eaten tested. And that includes the milk.
Greed can lead some people to wrong doing.

Above all, given your story, be cautious and careful!