Can I Customize the Appearance of Windows?

Booting, installing, newbie
mulluysavage

Can I Customize the Appearance of Windows?

#1 Post by mulluysavage »

When I open a folder, I'd love to have the default view be list view sorted by last modified (most recent at top) is there a way to do this?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

You're talking about ROX-Filer file manager? If so, have you read the ROX-Filer manual? (Click on the life preserver "Help" at the top right of a ROX window and you'll see it.) I don't know if it will answer your question or even be much help, I'm just asking. :)

highwayman212

#3 Post by highwayman212 »

Hi Mulluysavage

Reading the manual is worthwhile as there are many tricks and views available. By right clicking somewhere within the rox window you get seven menu headings, the middle one being "Options". Left click that and you get the options menu. On the display heading on the left panal select list and by date in the "view type" and "sort by" drop down menus. Click OK at the bottom. then shut your Rox window and reopen. You will now have a list view with the latest at the bottom. By clicking the date headings this will change to the top. Not sure how to make this view permanent as it seems to revert to latest at bottom and I prefer by name but this will get you most of the way.
I also tend to change the Icon view to automatic to avoid large icons.
Hope this helped.

harii4

#4 Post by harii4 »

Not sure how to make this view permanent as it seems to revert to latest at bottom and I prefer by name but this will get you most of the way.
I also tend to change the Icon view to automatic to avoid large icons.
this will save settings for that window
Right click in rox
Display===> save current display settings
than it list:
position
size
show hidden
display syle
sort type and order
details
thumbnails
filter

check wanted boxes :)
3.01 Fat Free / Fire Hydrant featherweight/ TXZ_pup / 431JP2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace and Justice are two sides of the same coin.