Pussy: potentially a Puppy with a perfect package manager

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
nooby

#1441 Post by nooby »

I have longed for UFO Aliens since 1955 or so.
Adamski and all the others that believed in it.

Now I trust none of that is true. It is all make believe
and longing for something outside of Earth.

But if it keep you happy and healthy that is okay.
What I don't like is when people trust it too much
and sell everything they own House and so on
quit job and friends and sit and wait on the mountain top.

Such is so sad.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

darkcity

#1442 Post by darkcity »

so its best just to have a little faith. seeing isn't believing, if I believe it then I can see it ; -)

Aitch

#1443 Post by Aitch »

sickgut

That sounds spot on to me...I am a helper with many people going through the changes, but that's one of the best descriptions I've heard of someone reconnecting to their inner wisdom teacher, and you maybe did have a conversation with an off worlder...there are many here to help, as we have collectively been held as mental prisoners by some off worlders, working with and through the 13 ruling bloodlines on planet Earth, via banking/government control etc....but it is changing and we will be free, and rejoin our galactic family...we are naturally much more conscious than we have been, and have to catch up

see http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 622#627622

We are moving from the 3rd dimension to the 5th, so many will experience out of body experiences, and strange encounters and memory loss....stay calm and peaceful
Love is the key :wink:
PM me if you need to chat

Aitch :)

sickgut

#1444 Post by sickgut »

the strange experience i had while walking around the lake at night i do not think is extra terrestrial in nature, while most things are possible (even aliens) i am fully aware it may have been some kind of seizure, some sleep deprivation related incident or some other thing like that. I have no idea what the conversation was about, i was just disoriented and remember talking to someone, cant remember what they looked like either.

it may have been some random memory thing, it was like when you wake up after sleeping in a hotel, you expect to see the familiar sight of your bedroom but for a second you wake up and your like WTF.... oh... yeah... thats right im sleeping somewhere else... it was like that. It was like i woke up, had no idea where i was and i figured out i was standing near the lake after i switched the torch back on. I dont know why the torch was switched off to begin with, i wouldnt switch it off. Altho it wouldnt take much for me to switch it off, an irregular jerk of a finger or something could have caused me to touch the on/ off button. It may be some false memory thing or any number of explanations, but for me it was definately and ultimately life changing. I didnt immediately think: oh... that was a life changing experience.....i just walked home and didnt think anything of it. it was days later i knew i was different and thinking back i tried to trace back to when it started, and it was that strange walk and confusion that i trace it back to.

and now things are so different that im absolutely disgusted in the way i have acted and done things in the past and im less materialistic and more compassionate, altho i get the spooky sense that someone else is looking through my eyes as i have no understanding or no connection at all with who i was before this happened. Altho this may sound disturbing, i do feel this new thing is superior and i certainly feel much much better, especially how normal simple things seem to grab my attention now and i get lost in them. I also am comforted as i feel that this new person is less evil, and if there is a god, then im sure this new person is more honorable and acceptable to him/ her.

i know all these new things could be the result of a disorder or seizure in the spiritual part of the brain, but even so, the result is quite nice and i wouldnt change back even if i could.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#1445 Post by Lobster »

the result is quite nice and i wouldnt change back even if i could
:)

It is a bit like Linux (remember that?) 8)
Our operating system is a result of circumstance. What is known as karma in some systems such as Janism and Shaivism.

Does it work? Most people are unaware that the operating system can be changed or does change, again through circumstance.

How would you change your operating system for the better? What qualities or programs would you install?

My answers to those questions are very simple.
Improve as best you understand that. 8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

nooby

#1446 Post by nooby »

Aitch wrote:
"as we have collectively been held as mental prisoners
by some off worlders, working with and through
the 13 ruling bloodlines on planet Earth, via banking/government control
etc....but it is changing and we will be free, and rejoin our galactic family...
we are naturally much more conscious than we have been, and
have to catch up "

As you know, my poor English is totally DIY Moonshining make shift
learned from reading New Scientist and SciAmerican and Ham Radio mags.

With all due respect as some say when they have critical things to say.

Aitch what you write there looks like total woo woo to me. Truthers stuff
or David Icke or other such far out ideas. This is why I am so sceptical
to why we should talk anything else than Linux on the forum.

but John is the Boss so I bow out of this thread now. I will not answer
any PM from you in case you feel for such exchanges.

Aitch

#1447 Post by Aitch »

nooby
I haven't logged in for awhile, so I am sad to see that again, you are having trouble with something I mention
If it doesn't feel right to you, that's fine...I'm not looking to force my views on anyone
I just wish you didn't feel a need to make it a kind of emotional ultimatum for restricting what can be talked about here on the forum....linux may be the main focus of attention, but we aren't narrow-minded people, thankfully, and life's experiences sometimes give rise to interesting connections of experience between people who may not otherwise have anything else in common

woo woo to me is the sound kids make when playing with train sets :wink: :lol:

Aitch :)

Hugh

#1448 Post by Hugh »

You've said it well and with considerable wisdom Aitch.

Some are not yet able to come to terms with truth for
various reasons but in a short time it will be very difficult
for any to deny.

Those who are uncomfortable now will be in extreme
discomfort at that time. Waking up is so hard to do.

With regard to Pussy - let us hope that it isn't completely
abandoned. There is some potential here.
Various Old Computers 100MHz - 1.9GHz
First Puppy: 2.00 Presently: TahrPup 6.0.3
HDD Filesystem: FAT32/ext3; Frugal Always

sunburnt

#1449 Post by sunburnt »

I doubt much of anything world shaking will happen on Dec. 21 or 22.
The end of the world has been predicted wrongly too many times.

A change in people would be nice, attitudes, helpfulness, and voting habits.
This is supposed to be a time of awakening, lets hope for a big change!

I saw Sunday`s solar eclipse and will watch the transit of Venus on June 5th.
Venus will not transit the sun again for 105 years! So it`s the only one we`ll see.

linuxbear

#1450 Post by linuxbear »

sunburnt wrote:I doubt much of anything world shaking will happen on Dec. 21 or 22.
The end of the world has been predicted wrongly too many times.

A change in people would be nice, attitudes, helpfulness, and voting habits.
This is supposed to be a time of awakening, lets hope for a big change!

I saw Sunday`s solar eclipse and will watch the transit of Venus on June 5th.
Venus will not transit the sun again for 105 years! So it`s the only one we`ll see.
Some think that Mayan dates were not properly meshed with our calendar and because of this, the "end-time" date has already passed.

greengeek

#1451 Post by greengeek »

linuxbear wrote:Some think that Mayan dates were not properly meshed with our calendar and because of this, the "end-time" date has already passed.
I read that the Mayan dates were highlighting a turning point in the periodic oscillations of the sun. A "new sun", and not "the end of the world". Such a change could be expected to have significant effects on the Earth (solar storms, gravitational oscillations etc) and might explain why the Earth has experienced magnetic polarity reversals at times in the past.

It'll be the same Sun, the same Earth, but possibly just kicking off a new series of cycles.

nooby

#1452 Post by nooby »

Hugh wrote:Some are not yet able to come to terms with truth ...

Are you talking to me :)

john3voltas

#1453 Post by john3voltas »

I've read sickgut's latest posts.
First of all, I have to say that I believe life will go on as usual after 12/2012.
Second, I respect whoever thinks differently.
Third, I've been a bit away from Puppy and Pussy (the OS!!) but I've learnt something cool about debian frugal in the last couple of days that might help people who use Pussy (the OS!!).
Can anyone write to the partition where they boot Pussy from?
Not yet, I believe.

@sickgut
Well that's been explained by SynrG down at #debian-live@oftc.
When we run 'mount' we can't see a mounting point for /live/image (where we booted Pussy from).
That's due to Debian's 'live-boot'.
Run a 'cat /proc/mounts' and you will find a '/live/image' being mounted.
Mine looks like this:

Code: Select all

/dev/sda2 /live/image ntfs 
ro,noatime,uid=0,gid=0,fmask=0177,dmask=077,nls=utf8,errors=continue,mft_zone_multiplier=1 0 0
Now sickgut just has to find where 'live-boot' does this mounting and change the script to rw instead of ro,
Hope I helped.
Cheers

jpeps

#1454 Post by jpeps »

greengeek wrote:
linuxbear wrote:Some think that Mayan dates were not properly meshed with our calendar and because of this, the "end-time" date has already passed.
I read that the Mayan dates were highlighting a turning point in the periodic oscillations of the sun. A "new sun", and not "the end of the world". Such a change could be expected to have significant effects on the Earth (solar storms, gravitational oscillations etc) and might explain why the Earth has experienced magnetic polarity reversals at times in the past.

It'll be the same Sun, the same Earth, but possibly just kicking off a new series of cycles.
I don't want to burst anyone's hope bubble, but I just spent several weeks in Guatemala. The Mayan community claims that they have historical calendars that go beyond Dec 2012, so the whole theory is null & void.

edit: Apparently, it's now all over the internet:
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/0 ... 2012-video

greengeek

#1455 Post by greengeek »

jpeps wrote:I don't want to burst anyone's hope bubble, but I just spent several weeks in Guatemala. The Mayan community claims that they have historical calendars that go beyond Dec 2012, so the whole theory is null & void.
Yep, same Sun, same Earth, but possibly just kicking off a new series of cycles.

Expect increased weather and tectonic variability, and maybe even a magnetic pole shift sometime who knows when, and eventually another iceage too. The past holds lessons for the future. All I need to do for now is to find oil in my back yard to power my emergency generator.

Anyway, Weinland predicts May 27 as the beginning of the end, so only another few days to find out for sure...

sunburnt

#1456 Post by sunburnt »

jpeps; It`s the end of the old Mayan calender cycle, and the start of the new one.
This is as all calenders do, the calender rolls over of course.

But the Mayans, Hopi, and many cultures world wide say this is a time of
upheaval, and as Edgar Cayce put it "A Time of Great Earth Changes".
He said that California would split from the U.S. and sink into the Pacific.
He also said that Kansas and Nebraska would be the U.S. western coast.
He also said that 12 million Americans would loose their homes. ( Happened )
And he said that the American voters would elect a black president. ( Also )

I have been watching his prophecies become reality for 30 years now.

jpeps

#1457 Post by jpeps »

sunburnt wrote: He said that California would split from the U.S. and sink into the Pacific.
I've been honing my windsurfing technique for that event.

"
In addition to Leviticus' fine answer, Cayce was also known for his medical "cures", although these cures were usually no more than a placebo effect (beef broth wasIn addition to Leviticus' fine answer, Cayce was also known for his medical "cures", although these cures were usually no more than a placebo effect (beef broth was one of Cayce's favorite panaceas). The patient was cured, or so they felt, so who were they to question Cayce's prediction of their medical condition or his methods? But there is very little aside from word of mouth to verify any of Cayce's purported healings. There is evidence of the quackery, though. He recommended laetrile for cancer, which is ineffective (and contains cyanide). He recommended things like "bedbug juice" for dropsy, and apple brandy for tuberculosis! For breast cancer his "cure" was placing a freshly dead rabbit pelt on the breast. Tragically, this kind of quackery also contributed to deaths in Cayce's own family (even his son), by seeking out quack cures instead of appealing to modern medicine of the time. "

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 057AAkyQK6

aarf

#1458 Post by aarf »

sunburnt wrote: He said that California would split from the U.S. and sink into the Pacific .
i need at least a days advanced notice so that i can stock up on pop-corn and potato chips.

sickgut, we still want to hear from you whatever direction the whim takes you. looking at your lakes i had thought they would be idea for trout fishing.

sunburnt

#1459 Post by sunburnt »

jpeps;
It`s hard to claim quackery when the man was asleep while giving readings.
There`s nothing worse than someone up on a soapbox like politicians

Any of what you have mentioned could be found to be a true therapy.
The rabbit pelt was an incubator for a vaccine, body contact or shots?

The future he spoke of was right in line with the Mayans and Hopi, etc., etc.
And even a number of parts of the Bible which he was devoted to all his life.

jpeps

#1460 Post by jpeps »

sunburnt wrote:jpeps;
It`s hard to claim quackery when the man was asleep while giving readings.
:) guess you have a point there.

Like science, it's always wise to look for examples to disprove your hypothesis rather than those that appear to confirm it. I haven't found a lot of continuity regarding the beliefs of any ancient civilization, and certainly nothing regarding the Bible.