How many 64bit Puppy projects are there now?

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
tomhewitt

#21 Post by tomhewitt »

What ever way you look at it , It's still like trying reinvent the wheel. :wink:

Judes

#22 Post by Judes »

Windows 64 can run 32bit library's as standard can't Linux 64bit do the same ???

anikin

#23 Post by anikin »

tomhewitt wrote:
bark_bark_bark wrote:
Dry Falls wrote:alphaOS64 (< archpup)
alphaOS is a joke probably developed by a meth-head.
Why is that> :?:
alphaOS (formerly known as archpup) was one of the best projects, this community has ever had. This whole forum was once glued to one of its threads. The problem was, that simargl was a bit too thin skinned and had a very low boiling threshold. Anger management issues, that is. However, he's an exceptionally talented kid. He knows how to build an OS, no one will take that away from him.

bark_bark_bark

#24 Post by bark_bark_bark »

anikin wrote:
tomhewitt wrote:
bark_bark_bark wrote: alphaOS is a joke probably developed by a meth-head.
Why is that> :?:
alphaOS (formerly known as archpup) was one of the best projects, this community has ever had. This whole forum was once glued to one of its threads. The problem was, that simargl was a bit too thin skinned and had a very low boiling threshold. Anger management issues, that is. However, he's an exceptionally talented kid. He knows how to build an OS, no one will take that away from him.
alphaOS wasn't good at all.

Dry Falls

#25 Post by Dry Falls »

Except it's the only 64 bit linux which started right up and runs seamlessly, without any interference on my part. I thought someone would complain about systemd, and I might agree, but the version of alphaOs I came upon not only works ootb, it works well.

df

Q5sys

#26 Post by Q5sys »

Dry Falls wrote:
Except it's the only 64 bit linux which started right up and runs seamlessly, without any interference on my part. I thought someone would complain about systemd, and I might agree, but the version of alphaOs I came upon not only works ootb, it works well.

df
You're right, AlphaOS is a good running OS. The problem was/is that people have a problem with the developer. So they take the age old approach of dissing his work because they have a problem with him.

Sad how petty some people can be. :(

bark_bark_bark

#27 Post by bark_bark_bark »

Q5sys wrote:
Dry Falls wrote:

df
You're right, AlphaOS is a good running OS. The problem was/is that people have a problem with the developer. So they take the age old approach of dissing his work because they have a problem with him.

Sad how petty some people can be. :(
Well I have actually used it before and I only had problems with it. The biggest problem with alpha(-quality)OS was the always buggy and unstable Arch Linux base.

siklopz

#28 Post by siklopz »

i have no problem with developers who are defensive. hell, i'm defensive. that said, i've tried the newer versions of Alpha OS, and found them buggy as hell. maybe the earlier spins worked well, i don't know. i don't have a problem with Arch, however, it's my primary OS.

otoshan

#29 Post by otoshan »

Which Puppy use Ubuntu apt-get, thanks?

mcewanw

#30 Post by mcewanw »

otoshan wrote:Which Puppy use Ubuntu apt-get, thanks?
No woof-built Puppy, use apt-get. Puppy uses its own package management system. But there are some Puppy-related distributions discussed on this forum too, such as FatDog64 mentioned in this thread.

Indeed, the forum does host the development threads for several Puppy-lookalike systems, which do use apt-get as their package management system:

DebianDog (Squeeze, Wheezy, and Jessie versions) and MintPup (Linux Mint 17 based). These have been specially crafted to be Puppy-sized, and to have a Puppy-like look and feel, but to also include several of their own Puppy-like utilities along with full Debian or similar compatibility. All are 32bit at the moment however:

DebianDog has been developed over quite a long period and its various flavours are quite well polished and stable:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=99460

William

MintPup is in its early development stages, but working well: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=99909
github mcewanw

mcewanw

#31 Post by mcewanw »

Sorry, a temp system failure resulted in a double post.
github mcewanw

Bindee

#32 Post by Bindee »

mcewanw wrote:Sorry, a temp system failure resulted in a double post.
Funny enough i had the exact same problem in another thread.

Lets hope it's not about to fall over. :)

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#33 Post by Lobster »

Wot no thick skinned ArchPup64?
Wot no Arm64 Puppy's?

:?

My 64bit machine collapsed but what about the future?

Glad to hear of all the 64bit Puppy choices. Anyone review them all?

:)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

mcewanw

#34 Post by mcewanw »

Bindee wrote:
mcewanw wrote:Sorry, a temp system failure resulted in a double post.
Funny enough i had the exact same problem in another thread.

Lets hope it's not about to fall over. :)
Maybe it was related to the later forum system upgrade.
github mcewanw