Puppy linux from PSP

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
Phoenix81000

Puppy linux from PSP

#1 Post by Phoenix81000 »

Hey

Iam wondering, since u can boot puppy from a USB mass storage device. Would it be possible to install linux on my PSP and then put it into USB mode and boot linux from it?

Ted Dog

#2 Post by Ted Dog »

I've tried but could not make it work, the PSP wants to be incharge of the communication process so its hard to get another machine to make the PSP act as an USB attachment. I guess if timing was just right, that you start the USB connection icon on the PSP as the PC machine boots, their might just be a window of interoperability.
On the other hand I got a cheap 128M mp3/FM radio USB flash drive to boot PuppyLinux from the supermarket for around 20 dollars.
Best combo I got for the price, tunes, FM radio and Boot any PC anywhere into my favorite linux distro.

the one I got is in the upper righthand corner of the picture
http://www.ecplaza.net/tradeleads/selle ... .html#none

Of course if you want to run puppylinux ON your PS3 keep an eye on the T2-Puppy for other arch thread. That is my end goal!

Phoenix81000

#3 Post by Phoenix81000 »

i cant afford a PS3..

Anyway if the PSP in in USB mode.. and the computer gets restarted doesnt the PSP get loaded like a USB device? It would be the sex to just hookup the PSP and BWAM.. puppy time

Runemaster

#4 Post by Runemaster »

The only thing I can tell you to do is get a card reader.....sure it defeats the purpose of having to physically take the card out of your PSP but that's the only solution I think your going to get....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... 2010010069
Adventurer: I seek knowledge and strength.

Seer:Knowledge comes from experience.....Strength comes from battleaxes.

J-Bob

#5 Post by J-Bob »

i think i have the solution.
1. burn puppy to mini-cd
2. save the session to a pup_save file on the psp's memory stick, this saves space on the psp, and is most like what you would want to do with it.
but you would need the mini-cd to boot from, but if you knew what to do, you could use a freedos iso and add the files from the wakepup2.img to it, and burn it to a buisness card cd, and install it to the psp like you would install it to a pendrive, just don't alter the mbr.

and this is what i plan to do since i got a psp and a 1GB memory stick pro duo for christmas

- J-Bob

sullysat

#6 Post by sullysat »

J-Bob wrote:i think i have the solution.
1. burn puppy to mini-cd
2. save the session to a pup_save file on the psp's memory stick, this saves space on the psp, and is most like what you would want to do with it.
but you would need the mini-cd to boot from, but if you knew what to do, you could use a freedos iso and add the files from the wakepup2.img to it, and burn it to a buisness card cd, and install it to the psp like you would install it to a pendrive, just don't alter the mbr.

and this is what i plan to do since i got a psp and a 1GB memory stick pro duo for christmas

- J-Bob
Seriously J-Bob, if you get this sorted out, please post!
Sully

J-Bob

#7 Post by J-Bob »

just visit my puPSP post on the Puppy Derivatives forum.

that should allow for a good amount of things to be done.

i plan to make puPSP 2 sometime in the future

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 577#260577