my mini pci wifi b/g card is acting like a weirdo.

Using applications, configuring, problems
Runemaster

my mini pci wifi b/g card is acting like a weirdo.

#1 Post by Runemaster »

ok get this, I received this laptop from a friend and the hard drive was busted so I just took it out (as it was dead weight) and installed puppy on a 4gb kingston microSD card with a little tiny usb microSD card reader, the whole deal only sticks out of the usb port at about 1/2 an inch so i got that fixed.

then yesterday I busted it open to look at the innards of the laptop and replaced their crappy thermal tape with some arctic silver 5. I put it all back together and booted up puppy again only to discover my mini pci wi-fi card stopped working because it's known as ath0 in my network wizard, and it wasn't there.

so I was just like no big deal ill just use this dongle until i get a new one, i wanted to upgrade to a b/g/n card anyways. this morning after playing around with unrelated stuff and a couple of reboots i noticed two blinky icons in the tray. so i open up network wizard and sure enough ath0 had returned.

what do you guys think is going on?
Adventurer: I seek knowledge and strength.

Seer:Knowledge comes from experience.....Strength comes from battleaxes.

aarf

#2 Post by aarf »

what do you guys think is going on?
it is the green blob. it has mutated and infected your computer. there is no cure. seek out your last good teddy bear and kiss him goodbye.

what are you doing still reading this.
quickly before it is too late.

oh yes if you need a second opinion just private message me and i'll give it to you.

Dougal

#3 Post by Dougal »

Contacts? Maybe when you opened it you nudged the card a bit so the contacts weren't touching, then later you just bumped the laptop or something and it moved again...
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind