Puppy scripts for pet

Using applications, configuring, problems
Nevermore

Puppy scripts for pet

#1 Post by Nevermore »

Hello,
I am compiling a few things on my ubuntu machine and i'd like to have it packaged as pet for using them on my puppy.
I was wondering if its possible to get the script for pet production w/o installing or using puppy (a tar.gz will be great)
many thanks
--
/sbin/Nevermore

Bruce B

Re: Puppy scripts for pet

#2 Post by Bruce B »

Nevermore wrote:Hello,
I am compiling a few things on my ubuntu machine and i'd like to have it packaged as pet for using them on my puppy.
I was wondering if its possible to get the script for pet production w/o installing or using puppy (a tar.gz will be great)
many thanks
If a tar.gz would be great, why? (it's great for me, I wonder your
thinking)

We can handle a .deb file as easily as a tar.gz file. In a file manager like
Midnight Commander, (that what I use). And|Or on the command line.

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

To create a pet you first run `new2dir make install` instead of just `make install`. This collects everything that is installed into a directory, which you then turn into a .pet by using dir2pet.

Both new2dir and dir2pet are simple shell scripts, so I think you should be able to copy them from Puppy into your Ubuntu install for use there. In my (old) version of Puppy they are actually in the main .iso, so unless that's changed you should have them even if you don't have the devx. But if you don't we could upload them for you.

The part of dir2pet that lists the packages in Puppy (for you to specify dependencies) wouldn't work unless you copied /root/.packages/packages.txt (or whatever its equivalent is these days) into Ubuntu.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER