How to install plug-ins?

Booting, installing, newbie
ranger

How to install plug-ins?

#1 Post by ranger »

having trouble installing my plug ins on pup 5.2.8 after i installed it on my dell. tried using quick pet but adobe not working i have downloaded the plug ins but can't seem to install them.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Slow down.. ONE point @ a time.. Dee-scribe in dee-tail.. What it is you're after..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

ranger

#3 Post by ranger »

Browser ask for plugins and YouTube also download the plugins but they won't install.

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Plugins? You gave no details. You run which, or they're asking for which?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Geoffrey

#5 Post by Geoffrey »

It seems that you are chasing the Adobe flash plugin, you could try this flashplayer,
http://smokey01.com/carolina/pet_packag ... 02.425.pet
it's the latest I packaged for Carolina, pretty much all the same, the flash-player-properties is in System menu, that maybe the only difference.
[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ahfade8q4def1lq/signbot.gif[/img]

ranger

#6 Post by ranger »

Browser says adobe flash player required to display some elements YouTube says same thing my browser is chrome I downloaded it but it doesn't install

Semme

#7 Post by Semme »

Details either make or break your post. If you sense a communication issue, state your native language.

bigpup

#8 Post by bigpup »

I downloaded it but it doesn't install
You downloaded Flash Player.
how did you do the download?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Semme

#9 Post by Semme »

@'s it BP.. Circumvention's the answer? Not!

dk60902

Re: How to install plug-ins?

#10 Post by dk60902 »

ranger wrote:having trouble installing my plug ins on pup 5.2.8 after i installed it on my dell. tried using quick pet but adobe not working i have downloaded the plug ins but can't seem to install them.
I assume that you want to install flashplayer so that you can watch youtube on your browser. Here is what I did (I use Firefox as my browser), rather that use the .pet to install. Go to the Adobe Flash website. Download the tarball. Extract the file, libflashplayer.so. Open the file manager (ROX-filer), go to the directory /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and copy the file, libflashplayer.so.

Update: I tried a Frugal install of tahrpup 6.0 non-PAE on my Compaq laptop. I used both methods of copying the libflashplayer.so to the appropriate directory, and I also tried the .pet, but couldn't get youtube videos to play. I don't have any issues with my 5.2.8 frugal install.
HP Pavilion Mini Pentium 1.7 GHz Dual Core 12 GB RAM 120 GB SSD Linux Lite 3.8 64-bit w/ Kensington Slimblade Trackball
Bionic8.0 Xenial64 Tahr64 USB frugal install
Samsung Chromebook Plus
LG V20 LG Xpression Plus Huawei Ascend XT2