Desert ranch confrontation

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
Dewbie

#41 Post by Dewbie »

Moose On The Loose wrote:
I am old enough to remember the Savings and Loan mess where the savings a loan industry was allowed to go beyond its rightful area of the economy and was turned into a way to cheat people. Lessons were not learned.
Remember Neil from the infamous Bush crime family? :evil:

Dewbie

#42 Post by Dewbie »

[quote]“There’s nothing conservative about this man,

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#43 Post by Flash »

Any fool who suggests that blacks might have been better off as slaves obviously never read "The Life And Times of Frederick Douglass." It's really good.

8-bit

#44 Post by 8-bit »

Bush just happened to use the Negro as an example of how one becomes a slave to the government and he recently stated he was not intending to come across as raciest. It was the wording interpretation that created the stir.

gcmartin

#45 Post by gcmartin »

When foreign neighbors look at America they see it multiculturalism as both racist in its scope, behavior, and rhetoric. Gun control is seen as a means of America to use it arms against others openly and energetically. They dont see a country of rules. Reason: when the recent President was elected, a Party calling themselves a Tea Party (for some unknown reason as they are NOT representative in behavior of the original Tea Party viewing a foreign agressor) who openly advocating the arm yourself and "Shoot on sight" the newly elected President. Soon after only to witness the attempted killing of the Arizona elected official (women are minorities in America) merely because she happened be a member of the same political party in representing her community.

Now we see the owner, Donald T. Sterling, of the winningest Basketball Team in the NBA express his views.

America does not seem to want to acknowledge that the world in combination of people from all walks of life who really want to contribute if the chance is there. .... PEACEFULLY! And, it seems troubling the constant barrage of racism done under the guise of America's constitution as well as calling 3rd worlders "aliens" (a form viewed by many as racist in practice and legal management)

At what time in the future is America going to face up and turn this corner. Even the "rancher" is using it to resurface the attitude that its politicians have been pushing in public space for the past 6 years.

America, a nation where 80% of its population is European decent, has had politicians, leaders, and community discussion who keep this ideology constant in public space. And the people haven't seem to have caught on, yet. Until America begins to lessen their racist arguments, there is going to continue to be this behavior which helps no one.

America has approx 12 million Black minority which were imported for slave purposes. And it has approx another 24 million which comprises Chinese Americans, native Americans, hispanics and others that Americans are taught as 3rd worlders which are a part of its fabric and its citizenry. The total US population, today, is around 333million people. So one constantly hears in many walks of American life some idiot saying "Minorities are taking over..."??? Look at the numbers, this is not just unrealistic when one does the math, but also for the assumption minority people have some goal other than to participate and contribute to the American fabric of life and behavior. Minorities, are people who want to assist, contribute, and participate, as other members of any society desires for.

How did this hatred groom itself into this US fabric? Who continues to push it? Is it strictly for political gain that its done? Is it right for the world to be critical of this behavior?

Unlike Europe, where women (yes women, a minority) show strong leadership just as their men do, America must face its views head-on and begin the destruction of its own racist behavior in an effort to join and, maybe, lead the rest of the world in efforts to bring humanity together.

Peace be with you. Everyone of you!

P.S. I Apologize for publishing this here. Its the wrong community and the wrong forum for this kind of publishing. But, if it helps any of us to begin to assist in correcting behavior where we can find harmony is existence instead of greed and protection of greed, we will continue down this wrongly viewed path. Let hope we can work and be allowed to work in a contributory fashion thruout our lives. This is not a dream its a must-need.

rokytnji

#46 Post by rokytnji »

Unlike Europe
I usually agree with every thing you post gcmartin.

But you are clueless sometimes on humanity, tribes, cliques, serfs,untouchables, nations, govts, barrios,and cultures in general.

I am a white minority living in a Hispanic majority so I am not
airy fairy about such things as fear of the stranger.

It.s in folks DNA, in all countries, continents, cultures, govts.

You name it.

Sorry because I like you. But you are just wrong on this one.
My Mom has a good saying.

"Misery loves company"

She should know. She has survived when stress brings out the worst and best in people. Stress can be a motivator for bad behavior. Everywhere.
Anytime. Any race. Any culture.

Nuff said.

gcmartin

#47 Post by gcmartin »

Just thought I add this: "It has achieved its greatness on the backs of ALL OF ITS PEOPLES! And, that it has been on the staircase of even greater achievement through a meaningful, deliberate march where carrying its multicultural banner, it can have a greater impact. They, through positive re-enforcement in messages from their elected officials could bring a new era of humanity and civility in its growth and achievement as a nation. Its a strength, in the US, they fail to want to acknowledge openly."

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#48 Post by Flash »

Geoffrey wrote:
Flash wrote:
8-bit wrote:I had read of a related article where some senator had made a deal with a Chinese outfit for use of the property in dispute for a wind farm.
It was further stated that this senator encouraged harassment of the rancher in hopes of getting his land too!
What's the name of this related article and where did you read of it?
Alex Jones http://www.infowars.com/breaking-sen-ha ... ndy-ranch/
Turns out there's more to it:
Here's Lou Dobbs reporting the pullback of the BLM and then saying this at 1:20
There are reports tonight that Chinese energy giant ENN Energy Group is actively tageting the land in question for a solar plant project with Ro Reid's help
And at 4:09 the reporter mentions
.....Reid's son Rory is a lobbyist for Chinese energy giant ENN which proposed building a solar plant in (dramatic cause) Clark County.
What the reporter seems to be dancing around is the fact that the proposed solar energy project was in Laughlin NV, while the Bundy ranch is in Bunkerville, nearly 200 miles away on the other side of Las Vegas and Lake Mead.

Oh, and the Chinese project was canceled in 2013 anyway. But the fact that the associated web pages were taken are just "proof" that it's a conspiracy man.

rokytnji

#49 Post by rokytnji »

Love the more to it link Flash.

Where the heck is the like button?

greengeek

#50 Post by greengeek »

I'd still be interested to know if there is any ore of value in the Nevada soils.
EDIT : From what I read Reid and his mate Bunker own lots of land around the Bundy ranch.
Nevada would be ripe for dumping nuclear waste or for mining of uranium and other ores wouldn't it? I still wouldn't be too quick to assume this is about tortoise preservation.

Uranium hunting

radioactive waste dumping

another article on dumping

and a couple of websites covering the possible motivations and involvement of Reid for whatever reason:
(worth reading these in detail)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/blogg ... 6700/posts

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3146627/posts
Last edited by greengeek on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.

Geoffrey

#51 Post by Geoffrey »

greengeek wrote:I'd still be interested to know if there is any ore of value in the Nevada soils.
http://www.nbmg.unr.edu/dox/mm/mm09.pdf
[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ahfade8q4def1lq/signbot.gif[/img]

greengeek

#52 Post by greengeek »

Thanks Geoffrey, great pdf. Interestingly it doesn't mention uranium at all. Maybe the NV uranium mines are considered obsolete.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#53 Post by Flash »

I don't remember any significant uranium mines in Nevada. Mostly northern Arizona, southern Utah, northern New Mexico and perhaps, though I'm not sure, southern Colorado. The so-called 4-corners area.

greengeek

#54 Post by greengeek »

Now that I have a closer look at a map it looks like Bunkerville is close to the river that feeds the Hoover dam. Not a likely place to be mining anyway I guess...

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#55 Post by Flash »

This ought to be about the last word on the subject:

On Cliven Bundy's ‘Ancestral Rights'
Bundy has repeatedly trumpeted his "ancestral rights" to have his cattle graze on land administered by the federal Bureau of Land Management without paying taxes for the past twenty years. "My forefathers," he has said, "have been up and down the Virgin Valley here ever since 1877. All these rights that I claim have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and the water and the access and range improvements." A simple search of Clark county property records by KLAS-TV, a Las Vegas television station, however, revealed that his family had purchased the ranch in 1948 and had only begun grazing cattle on it in 1954—eight years after the founding of the BLM. KLAS reporters also received a map from the Moapa band of Paiute Indians showing how the land the Bundy ranch is on was promised to them by federal treaty.

Bundy's hullabaloo is particularly ironic considering that the Western Shoshone Nation's claim to the land predates his own. He has declared he will only recognize the original sovereignty of the state of Nevada, despite the fact that Nevada did not achieve statehood until 1864 and as such has no pre-existing claims to sovereign status. Only the thirteen original colonies possessed sovereignty prior to the creation of the United States. The 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo with Mexico gave up Mexican claims but did not guarantee Indigenous land rights. Shoshone sovereignty over the area in which the Bundys graze their cattle was recognized by the US via the Treaty of Ruby Valley (1863)—a treaty that did not include any land concessions.

In 1979, the US government attempted to legitimize claims to Shoshone land (which encompasses nearly all of Nevada) by paying $26 million to the Department of the Interior for 24 million acres. [A dollar an acre!] It should be noted that the Department of the Interior is a branch of the federal government [Which I believe includes the Bureau of Indian Affairs.]—hence the government paid itself for Shoshone land. In 1985, the Supreme Court ruled that this payment to the Department of the Interior constituted Shoshone acceptance of payment for their land. In 2004, the US attempted to distribute $145 million as payment for Shoshone land in Nevada. Seven of the nine Western Shoshone tribal councils have refused to accept this payment and are holding fast to their demand that the original treaty be honored. In 2006, the same year the US District Court for Nevada dismissed Shoshone claims, the United Nations Committee for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination found "credible information alleging that the Western Shoshone indigenous people are being denied their traditional rights to land." So if Cliven Bundy wishes to pay taxes or grazing fees—he should pay it to the Shoshone. [Tell the Shoshone not to hold their breath. I think he just doesn't want to pay.]

greengeek

#56 Post by greengeek »

Bundy's not the first to get this treatment. Others may have much better claims to sue the BLM:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/22/ne ... ven-bundy/

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL1404/S ... ancher.htm

Is "public" land the same thing as "federal" land?

In New Zealand we are starting to get the feeling that once something falls into the hands of the government it ceases to be 'public' anymore.

linuxbear

#57 Post by linuxbear »

"So if Cliven Bundy wishes to pay taxes or grazing fees—he should pay it to the Shoshone."

It's my understanding that he has been paying fees, to Clark county rather than the Federal government because he knows that Clark County won't cash them. This man is an amateur con artist, but some conservatives seem to be trying to make him into some kind of cowboy hero for violating policy established by that conservative demi-god Reagan.....

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#58 Post by Flash »

greengeek wrote:Is "public" land the same thing as "federal" land?
In the U.S., federal land can be used by the military, in which case the general public is not allowed. National Forest is federal land, and pretty much all of it is open to the public except at certain times when there's some pressing reason to close it. Usually to protect it from the public. BLM land is federal. It's what Bundy's been grazing his cattle on. I'm not sure exactly what is allowed on BLM land, but I think that the public can hike and camp on BLM land, and maybe prospect for valuable minerals too. Some states, such as Arizona, own quite a bit of land. As far as I know, all of it is open to the public. "Open to the public" doesn't mean you can do anything you want. Hiking, camping, hunting (in season) and prospecting are allowed. You can't build a structure though, unless you strike gold. Then you can stake a claim. A great deal of what is now choice private property in the western states of the U.S. was originally mining claims. Many if not most such mining claims should never have been allowed (patented is I think the correct term) because the claimants never proved their claim contained enough gold to be commercially viable, but now it's too late to do anything about them.

dancytron

#59 Post by dancytron »

Flash,

Correct. You also cannot live there. Camping is allowed, almost anywhere, but is limited to a specific period of time, almost always 14 days.

In the National Forest, you can't cut any trees or take out lumber or firewood unless you have a permit. Usually, there is a place set aside to cut firewood that you can get a permit for a reasonable price (in our local National Forest, it is $25 a year.).

They'll issue regs for environmental reasons. For example, in our National Forest, all the caves and old mines are closed to prevent the spread of the white nose bat disease.

There are lots of other regulations, like where you can drive and where you can't, no "gathering for commercial purposes" without a permit, etc.

As far as I've seen, there is virtually no enforcement due to lack of manpower and as long as you aren't cooking meth or hauling out truckloads of timber they pretty much leave you alone.

greengeek

#60 Post by greengeek »

Bundy anthem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esnSbBuf9f4
I won't back up
I don't back down
I bin raised up
To stand my ground"
By the way - thanks to the contributor who posted this link in another thread - it gave me a chuckle. Gotta love that country rap genre.

I can't tell if the vid is real or parody though... Maybe it's intended to be ironic somehow - "I stand my ground and never back down even though they tax the hell out of me for everything I'm worth, but "I answer to no-one" '

In the end we all answer to the uniform with the biggest gun I suspect.